Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Google

This is a follow-up to this post. Google is magnificent. As I write this, it has a market cap of USD 206 Bn. Sure, it's not FB but it has tried its hand at Google Circles which I find really neat even though I don't use it. It has a captive email audience and that audience can connect with each of its address book peeps. It's not about now, it's about where social networking is going.
Social networking started off as getting in touch with long lost people and staying in touch with people one cares about. It evolved to sharing information such as hobbies, videos, pictures, travels, etc.
Google seems to be taking the next step. Apparently, the company still tries to remain small in the entrepreneurial sense...
Project Glass: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c6W4CCU9M4&feature=share
Loving it. This should be where society will be at 10 years or so from now.
The other day as I was walking to my iMac I wondered whether I would be walking to my computer 10 years from now. May be the computer would be in my head. Or on my glasses.
300 cheers for Google. May it be the enterprise of the future today.

No comments:

Post a Comment