Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Saying No

The line between life and work is getting blurred.

Like this excerpt from "Office Hours with Warren Buffett"

Buffett: I just flipped through it and there's practically nothing in it and Bill was really impressed by that. You've got to keep control of your time man. And you won't keep control of your time unless you can say no. You can't let other people set your agenda in life. And of course I know I’m in a very fortunate position on that, but in another way I'm not so fortunate because more people ask me for things. And they're usually friends. And they say well can't you just make this one
talk or attend this one graduation or whatever it may be. You've got to, you just have to develop the ability to say no and do it a few times. If a woman can't say no she's in trouble, right?

This was in response to the a question about the importance of being able to say "no"



No comments:

Post a Comment